Friday, December 5, 2008

Hop Along

Well on Wednesday we celebrated Riley's 6th birthday. We decided to go to this new place called Hop to it! The kids had an absolute ball. So did I, until.... guess who was the one crying being carried off the toys? That's right, it was me, not one of the kids. While helping my cute niece up one of the slides I lost my balance and came down on my ankle. I thought for sure it was broken after the POP I had heard but it turns out to just be a bad sprain. What a pain! So now I am the "hop a long". I still can barely walk and I have an icepack strapped to my ankle most of the time. What a baby. The pictures are pretty cool though it was nasty swollen the first day. The pictures I took last night the swelling had gone down a little but the black and blue is setting in. Who knew playing with the kids could be so dangerous. Ü But Riley had a wonderful party. He was so sad I got hurt and said "I don't like it when mom's get hurt". He is such a tender heart. I cannot believe my baby boy is 6. Happy Birthday Riley I love you so much!

9 comments:

Cilka said...

I LOVE your new family pics. They are so cute! We need to get together soon. Let me know your work schedule. I am free most days! Luv you!

Jana Dille said...

Oh, what a bummer! I'm glad the party went well. When you're feeling better we'll have to take the kids again.

John and Jamie said...

I love your family picture that is so cute. you look great and very pretty.

John and Jamie said...

I love your family picture that is so cute. you look great and very pretty.

Sheri said...

Cute pictures!! You guys look great. Love the orange. Sorry about your ankle! Those places are dangerous! :)

Lisa said...

Love your new family pictures! Hoping I'll get one in a Christmas card? Glad Riley had a fun party, so sorry about your nasty ankle!
Happy Birthday, Riley!

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Riley! It looks like he had a really fun party. That is terrible about your ankle. I hope the hop along is working out for you.

paulak said...

Happy Birthday Riley. I went there for the first time the day after thanksgiving and had a blast. My cousins daughter had her birthday party there. Carl and I raced through the obstacle course and I got a "rug" burn on my elbow...sorry about your ankle. That must hurt. I hope it gets better soon.

Jaylynn said...

So much fun, but i just had to comment on this post too since I too got hurt at Hop 2 It, I went down the slide too fast into the ball pit and landed on my tail bone on a board (the mat had been pushed out),so now I've been sitting on a donut for 3 weeks, that place really can be dangerous! Sorry about your ankle too,it looks really bad in those pic's! bummer, get better soon!