Monday, May 4, 2009

Playing catch up!

So I always get after my mom and sister for not updating they're blogs and here I am totally slacking off. Sorry girls. Nothing to crazy has happened since my last post. Just the same old day to day. I didn't get the job I was trying to get for a Phlebotomist at the hospital and I was stressing about sleeping during the day with a 3 year old so I decided it was time to take a break from work. Luke was surprisingly OK with it so on Thursday night I worked my last shift. There is just something so exhausting about working for 12 hours. Especially during the night. And sleep during the day is never as good as sleep at night. So now that I am unemployed (ha that's funny, like being a mother and homemakers is not a full time job) I have decided to start doing my vinyl lettering again. I have been researching like crazy for a new cutter and hopefully will be getting one soon. So that is about it for now I guess. Here is a quick cute saying from Emma....


Me... Emma would you like something to eat?


Emma... Yes I want a knuckle sandwich!

I love the cute things kids say!
Baby Marshall and the quilt I made him.
How adorable is he?

The kids and I enjoying an out of the blue snow day we had.
We just had to build a snowman. It was perfect snowman snow.

These are out of order but I'm to lazy to mess with it. This is the back of Marshall's quilt. Luke said let me see the back so this is what we did. Levi had to join it too.

I got ambitious and curled Emma's hair . She is too stinkin cute.

Thanks to my friend Angela for teaching me how to do these cute curls.

Now here is the front of the quilt. Janae and I are looking lovely so don't look to close.

Getting a smile from my newest nephew.

8 comments:

TyLeen said...

Great job on your quilt. Did you quilt it yourself or have a machine do it? It looks awesome. Congrats on being "just" a stay at home mom! Ha is right! It was good to hear from you. Good luck with your vinyl business.

Carolyn said...

Awesome quilt! Emma's hair looked so cute.

John and Jamie said...

So do I get one!!!

Just kidding it look great I loved it look like it took a lot of work.

Thomas and Mandi said...

That quilt is adorable. Look at you girl! Such talent! And little Emma's hair is SO cute--- you'll have to give me the tips on how to do those cute curls! We really need to start planning our girls trip fo' sho'! Love ya girlie!

The Broughs said...

Wow, I am impressed with your quilting skills! You should post how you did it. Good luck with your vinyl stuff... I am sure your kids will love having you just stay at home. Emma will probably get a few more days of adorable curly hair!

paulak said...

The quilt is awesome...you did a great job.

Jaylynn said...

Wow, love the quilt! You have some serious sewing talent girl! Also, love the curls, so sweet, is that with a curling iron?Is it the same backwards way of curling it starting at the top, like how you did yours?

Mrs. Umina said...

I love that quilt!